My first in day in Vic I tried to lock the door to the bathroom. But I had a problem, there was no lock to lock the door. Here in Sweden we always lock the door and the bathroom is the ¨private¨ room. So I was trying to pee and hold the door at the same time. I didn’t want to ask my host because I didn’t want to look stupid and dumb in front of him and his friends.
But why was there no lock?
- They are open minded and don’t care if someone disturb them when doing their business.
- For safety reasons, so no one gets locked inside or you can run out fast if a fire starts.
- So a friend or family member can come in and keep you company while you are doing the hard work.
- It gets easier to get more toilet paper
- Your parents can kick in the door and yell at you because you haven’t completed your homework
Comments to the alternatives
- Maybe they are open minded but as a lot of other people they want to keep their private parts private.
- This is the right answer, still I can’t figure out why they don’t have locks for this reason. In Sweden you can easily be opened from outside with a knife or a ruler.
- This is just weird, you can maybe do it with your bff
- Usually you check if there is any paper left before you take the long road down. If you don’t check and it is empty, well you are in a bad situation.
- If they do this, please call me and I will talk to your parents and tell them that you are moving.