I went to Bulgaria on an exchange. On the second day at the Bulgarian school, it was my birthday so I told my friend about it. I thought he would say ¨I’m sorry for not bringing any presents¨. Instead he asked me where his candy was. I was confused because I didn’t know what he meant.
- Because he is a sweet tooth
- Because he wanted the candy back which he gave to me some days ago
- Because in Bulgaria you give your friends candy on your birthday to show that you appreciate your friends
- That’s possible, but why ask me just after I told him about my birthday?
- Not so possible, because if you give candy to someone it’s a bit impolite to ask to have some back.
- In Sweden where I come from we get presents on our birthdays, we don’t give them (candy).